Warsaw Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate it!

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
No votes
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
17%
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip.
50%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
33%

Total votes: 6
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I had a bit more water
Matt
President
President

I found this shot burried in the wrong folder.
When I was hiking up to Warsaw Falls, I saw this little shack up high on the cliffs.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Since I couldnt get my butt out of bed early enough to do the Watkins Glen thing, I found these falls listed on another website and decided to go check them out. This is a very easy creekwalkin Oatka Creek. It starts out on Liberty Street in the village of Warsaw at the village park. You follow a trail from the sledding slope and end up in the creek in a short distance. This might be a total of a mile hike up to the base of the falls, with small cascades along the way. The falls are estimated to be about 80' tall. If you are adventurous, you can scale up the right side and get some nice views of the falls as well as a small falls that empties from underneath a railroad bridge. Much like Corbetts. If you go up to the tracks, and make a left and follow the corn field for a hundred feet, you get a breathtaking view of the falls from above. Worth a visit!
Attachments
IMG_0521-1.jpg
IMG_0575-1.jpg
IMG_0532-1.jpg
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

Great photos of an excellent hike.

I have a profile in the works, but I'm stuck on ownership. I have heard that this is private, but the owners allow visitors (and I visited based on this). But I don't want to publish directions or false information, so I have been sitting on my photos. I wonder if I should just publish the photos and description sans directions/location?
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Have you tried contacting the village of Warsaw? They may be able to give you ownership info.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President

no, primarily because they have no contact info online.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I didnt see any no trespassing signs anywhere. The only sign I saw was for no hunting.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

yeah... same here- I just don't want to turn someone's property into a tourist attraction. If I were to create a large web page based on it, it may do just that. And who know what problems it could cause for them.
i think I may proceed without directions and with disclaimers.