Warsaw Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate it!

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
No votes
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
17%
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip.
50%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
33%

Total votes: 6
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

That stretch of creek is called Rock Glen. There's 2 or 3 (?) falls about 20 feet high in there. I'm not sure if the falls themselves have specific names. Scott Ensminger told me about this place. The creek is probably private property however the homeowner where Dutton Rd. crosses the creek (if you want to walk upstream) cheerfully allowed us access. This was about 4 years ago.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Doesn't private property need to be posted? I spent the majority of a day at these falls and the surrounding trails in the woods without coming across a single sign-other than "No Hunting". I don't understand what all the commotion is about regarding the property status there. There are 2 trails leading to the creek from the adjacent town park, and once again no signage.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

It's all a matter of being responsible about it. As a distributer of this information, I choose to provide accurate information in hopes of not getting reader into trouble and to be respectful to landowners.
I also would not like to highly publicize somebody's land if they are kind enough to let a few people enjoy it- as it could put an end to it for all of us.
cbobcat49

Taken on Sunday...

Matt, did you climb up the cliff on the right side of the falls to get those tunnel shots in the profile? I saw some kids climbing up there. It looked dangerous to me. :shock: Julie tried it but got only about 1/4 of the way up.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President

I never would have thought that would be climbable. I walked the long way around from the back of the park... without going into the creek. It was about a 30 minute hike.
cbobcat49

It definitely didn't look climbable for 30-somethings like you or me. :) These kids were like 14 or 15.