Waterfalls + Glowsticks = Awesome

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Could be a really different application, but as i look at this more, I think they are splitting them open and pouring the stuff. Not good.

What if you did chains with a kite tail? like a string of 5-10 end to end with some kind of tail that would keep a straight line over a water fall.

The green look seems alien, but blue against a blue sky? hmm. Or red and blue together to yield purple?

I'm in.
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Not a bad idea, David. Here's my pitch. We need more women at these outings. I suggest the men decorate themselves in glow stickery and go over the falls in a boat or boats. Women will stay behind and photograph. :idea: :mrgreen:
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

LOL. First because it was funny, second, cause I can't think of a possible useful value of having a man around. Maybe you found the first useful purpose!

With all the water, i am thinking about doing a little waterfall adventure this weekend. But without some greenery, it might have to be a night shot. Maybe to test this idea?

Kelly, if any of the pets/dogs are females, would that incentivize those female photographers among us?
Kelly
Editor
Editor

Oooooo. Dogs?

No. No. No, no, no.

Perhaps they would incentivize most. But dogs of any gender would work the opposite on this female. Afraid of 'em. Yep. All of them. Dog chase victim. Dog bite victim. Want me to make you laugh again? Guess where it bit me. The ass. Yes, the ass. Sorry. No dogs for me. Thanks for trying though. :(

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

A swimming pool net on a telescoping pole would be useful for pulling them out. I've got one... And this would be a nighttime or evening excursion, yes?
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

George a net!!! Now your in. Think on!

Kelly, So the wife took on the mutt of the Jack Russell litter. She was meek and not yippy. And when my wife took cookies to the new neighbor at the lake, the German shepherd bit the wife as you, then ripped the entire lining of our "Sophie" out as the German shephard shook her side to side. She some how lived. Became blind with age and died with me photographing a waterfall when she thought I crossed the road, but had not.

To see that? Changed life.

Still, dogs are such a joy. Name anything in your life that wakes up each morning completely and totally sold out psyched to see you. If i could find a woman like that dog....
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Great idea George, I was thinking my fishing net but with a short handle I was thinking one would still need to wade in to retrieve.

Holley Falls sounds good, but the pool is deep so we would need to figure something out in case they sink.

Going over a falls? No boat needed! :lol:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Kelly
Editor
Editor

hobkyl wrote:Going over a falls? No boat needed! :lol:
Hmmmm. The boat was introduced to keep the glowing men contained so that the women don't have to stand around with short handled fishing nets and long telescoping pool nets in order to retrieve you! I think duct taping you into the boat should do the trick. Wheeeeeeeeee!

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic