Not very original

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Good work, Edward. That's a large quantity of falls.

I've stated it before, and will state it again: Land owners have had this shit before NYFalls, and they will have it after NYFalls. Blaming listings here is simply ignorant, illogical, and futile. It's the people that trespass that trespass. Not the people that publish information. I do my best to denote what is accessible and what isn't. These serve as online posted signs. I'm pretty sure this website prevents a lot of people from even thinking about accessing those places. Why? Because often I am the only source of information they can find online before they make the journey out there.
Regardless, I don't have to defend myself. Evidence is a DECADE of discussions here. People reaching out and asking what is and isn't accessible. People posting status updates on properties and warning others. It simply ****ing works. I'm not sure what compels someone to think otherwise. Let's remove all books about killing from the market. Perhaps that will cut the murder rate in half.

Those landowners should reach out to the USGS, Google Maps, Pictometry, zillo, their county clerks, public libraries, and municipalities, and have listings about their properties removed, as they are all publishing it for the public! But what do i know.
bobbieswaterfalls

I'm not entirely sure why I am brought up in this conversation. I am a she not a he to begin with. I just created the new website in about 2012, with folks encouraging me to do so. I have had a shutterfly account where I had started posting my adventures. This is personal to me, not a game, not a business, not a "I want to be on top", just simply share. I am not a photographer either. I have done this with friends and family, mostly my children, and now my grandchildren. I have posted on the website that if Your name appears on the website as a resources that I had used for a location, and you are not on the "Other Resource List", to let me know and I would add you. I also stated on there that if I listed you in the wrong way please contact me to correct it. nyfalls has been on my list of resources since the beginning. Yes I did share locations and photos with nnywaterfalls, at that time, David encouraged me to build a website, and that I feel great full for. I am not an author and I am not a writer. I have since been revisiting locations, as my tools of technology has changed. Back then I had dial up for internet, topo maps, and my first few books I started with. Now I have better internet, a gps, and a cell phone, oh and a point and shoot camera. My point is I am unsure why I would be brought into this conversation, and not contacted directly if anyone was displeased with me. This thread maybe a few years old but it is new to me!! I will continue to construct my website through my eyes as I see it, and that's mostly through pictures. I record the basics, that's all. I do not post locations I have not been to. If I had been to a location and find out after the fact or even before that there are other waterfalls on the same trail I will list them as well and note that I did not see them. I want people to visit a location and to have knowledge there is more there to see. Anyways, Thanks for the mention regardless. Happy waterfalling!!
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Your website and accomplishment is great. I don't want to discourage you. Keep up the good work and there are plenty of falls and fun to go around. I was no photographer or author when i started this either. But we are now. :) I do have your website bookmarked-- and your shutterfly account from long ago. Keep it up. They are fantastic.

I do have issue with Scott there, who used my very own website to slander and pull some kind of "NYFalls is doing something illegal." "NYFalls is promoting trespass and irresponsible behavior" bullshit. He's earned a special place in my heart long ago by showing up here and just being a nuisance to the spirit of the community, but also just slanderous and obnoxious. And now Edward stirs that pot again. Any type of attitude like that on this board will result in me probably stuffing some logic and law down whoever's throats. Not going to get into it again, but my issue is with those that have that certain attitude that I am some rouge outlaw that is anti-property-owner and pro-trespass. I'm not. This website doesn't. They can go elsewhere.

Copying of the NYH website template surely was coincidence, but definitely a better choice could have been made-for various reasons. No need to dwell on it. It was just shocking to find. Oh well. I definitely down't own that template, and the Molitor built quite a cool platform for what we want to do, didn't he? Consider this topic, while it gets a tad little mean-spirited (understandably), pretty good promotion for your website (just about 2000 views as of now).

That being said, I stand by my original post comment:
:jawdrop: