Vacation Planning

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I was thinking New Zealand this year but I'm being tempted...

A friend found some classes at Sichuan University where I can learn Sichuan cooking (they have interpreters)

And on the tibetean plateau, kind of in the opposite direction from where I went last time, there's what the chinese consider to be the most beautiful place in the world. We call it Shangri-La. It's in Yunan. Have to get there by bus.
http://image.baidu.com/i?tn=baiduimage& ... 0%AD#pn=15

Still looking around... open to ideas.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

While I certainly love your photos and experiences from China...I think NZ would be an awesome experience.

Others would include (taking my aspirations in to condiseration)...

Alaska, Iceland, and Chile to name a few.

Depends on what your goals are I suppose.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

Coworkers invited me to Venezuela, but I want to avoid being kidnapped.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I vote New Zealand! :up:
...or Norway, which is almost the same geographically except on the opposite side of the world.
NZ may be cheaper based on what I hear about cost of living in Norway. (I went to college with someone who currently lives there)
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President

on the lookout for NZ travel friends now... just ordered a few books about the natural sights to see.

another things... and this depends on how the american dollar does this year against the Yen, is Japan, which i have always wanted to go to (I know more about Japanese culture and speak more of the language than Chinese).

In China I had a very peaceful time photographing temples shrines and religious gardens. I think that is my new thing. Outside of tibet, Kyoto is the place for that.

And this may be a bit morbid, but the Aokigahara Suicide Forest has to be one of the creepiest places on earth. Having no fear, I want to make some creepy pictures (no dead bodies)
this forest is at the base of Mt Fuji.

Then there's just heading to Yosemite for a couple of weeks on my own.

Anyone else taking a trip this year?
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

...maybe to the Adirondacks...
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Our next semi-long distance trip is either going to be the Michigan upper peninsula or Acadia in Maine. Its a tie. I've got time to decide since I probably won't get a full week off in a row until next year. (recently switched jobs)
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
americanhero
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Canon S95, Canon D10, Nikon D90

I'm traveling to Utah again this summer when the semester ends. Like every year.
4 weeks backpacking, hiking and camping in some really remote areas.

And hopefully a few camping trips here in Western New York. At least one long weekend to the Adirondacks.
Yvonne Baur Photography

my photo stream on flickr: Yvonne Baur