Cascade Falls, Wyoming, NY

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

monkeycowmeow
Rookie

Has anyone else ever been to Cascade Falls in Wyoming, NY (near Warsaw)? I am wondering what it looks like other times of the year... if the flow is better.
Anyways, I didn't see any topics about this waterfall, so I thought I'd add one. If you haven't been, and you live close by, it's a nice one to visit. It's on Cascade Brook, which flows into Oatka Creek. If you're familiar with the area, you can get to this falls by parking in the Wyoming Free Library parking lot, across from the school, and there is a small path from the lot to the brook (less than 10 yards away I'd guess). From there, you walk down the brook to the falls, which is less than a half mile, and only took me about 10 minutes one way. As far as I'm concerned, there is nothing interesting on this brook other than Cascade Falls, so take as many "short-cuts" as possible through the brush, as this brook curves from side to side a dozen times on your way.
I'd say the "main" falls is about 15 to 20 feet high, but possibly higher if you count the 10 foot winding cascade in front of it. Not huge, but it's so easy to get to.
I did not see any posted signs whatsoever, and I am not sure who owns this exactly. There is a farm on each side, and I assume it's the same person's farm, and they probably own it. As you walk back there is some barbed wire and ropes in two areas going across the land, and from my experience living on a farm, it is simply to keep the cows from escaping because there was evidence of them all over (watch where you step if you catch my drift!)
So here's a picture from each of my visits, one this week, and one in late August, as well as a picture of the small cascade in front of it.
Attachments
IMG_1940a.jpg
IMG_1914a.jpg
IMG_1914a.jpg (309.7 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
IMG_1906a.jpg
P8270149a.jpg
God hath made everything beautiful. (Ecclesiastes 3:11)
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Nice falls and photos! I think I've tried to get an aerial view view from Bing Maps of this gully but can't. Nice to know that there is indeed a falls there and it is accessible.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I've never heard of that falls. I've got to check that one out some time.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
kimmiejo427
Rookie

I have never seen the falls from the bottom like this. My mom always took us through a farmers field at the top when we were kids. The small cascades above these falls are also very nice and easy to walk through or around. But yeah, occasionally the farmer will leave a note on your car. Recommend getting permission first.