Binghamton

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

spec wrote:These floods will neither be quickly nor easily forgotten. The scars exist in places less obvious than the physical landscape.
I can only imagine...its so different to be a passer through. Ive never witnessed such devastation, and couldnt begin to imagine what it must be like for all those affected over such a large area. The portion that I drove through was just a small percentage of the area.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

hobkyl wrote:
spec wrote:These floods will neither be quickly nor easily forgotten. The scars exist in places less obvious than the physical landscape.
I can only imagine...its so different to be a passer through. Ive never witnessed such devastation, and couldnt begin to imagine what it must be like for all those affected over such a large area. The portion that I drove through was just a small percentage of the area.

I was surprised that the damage was as bad as it was out that way. I knew they had been hit by Irene a week before we got hit with Lee, but I didn't realize that they were hit as hard as they were. I was on Rte 23 all the way from Oneonta into Massachussets... through Stamford, Prattsville, Windham.. That whole area just got hammered. Here, we are kind of lucky being more 'urban' -- more roads available for detours, evacuation, emergency personell etc. Out there, roads are long, few, and far between... detour options/viable routes are limited or nonexistant in some cases.
-----
spec
RickyMac22
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Canon 7d

I live in the Bainbridge/Sidney area... we got hammered by both the 2006 and 2011 floods. Was out with the fire dept for a long time during both of them.