Grimes Glen Climb and Explore

A virtual place for planning to get together in the real world. Help plan photography hikes, walks, and meet-ups.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I'm good for any time... early morning is best ( to avoid other people), or late in the day (for golden-hour lighting), but I'll be just glad to get out and see if I can hike without falling over.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Im good with whatever you guys decide. If we are doing later afternoon I might make it a day and check out some other places down there in the am. Let me know if there is anything we need. I see we have rope, trash bags, and first aid....anything else you can think of that we may need let me know.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

or late in the day (for golden-hour lighting)
That being said, maybe meet at the Redwood (or some other place) at 6 for food and then head over to Grimes?
I'd probably be in town mid afternoon to check out other places like Conklin and Tannery Creek if anyone wants to meet up for that.

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Ill be there so if you want to meet up Chris just say the word. Not sure where yet but I will be in Naples probably early and will be checking out Tannery, Conklin and or Clarks, and attempting to find and gain permission to access the land that holds this.....

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r3f4vy ... vl=2&sty=b

Meeting at 6 might be kind of late to eat, get there, and hike up the creek.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49

Meeting at 6 might be kind of late to eat, get there, and hike up the creek.
You're probably right. 5:00 then?
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

if the weather is ok.... 1 may work.... hike, eat, and then if the lighting is good, I can return for photos/video.
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Matt wrote:I'm good for any time... early morning is best ( to avoid other people), or late in the day (for golden-hour lighting), but I'll be just glad to get out and see if I can hike without falling over.
I say we all gather in the parking lot between 1 and 3pm. If anyone has a small portable grill, hibachi, or camp stove they could bring, we can fire up some dogs and burgers in the lot as everyone gets there. (Kyle, I don't think there are grills in the parking lot -- I don't remember any at least). We can spend some time chatting and hanging out in the lot, do some hiking & exploring for a bit, then as golden hour approaches we can break out the cameras.

Should we make alternate rainy weather plans? I personally don't mind hiking and exploring in minor rain as long as it's not a downpour and it isn't cold and windy to boot.
-----
spec
cbobcat49

and attempting to find and gain permission to access the land that holds this.....

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=r3f4vy ... vl=2&sty=b
Looks interesting. I'd love to see that falls in person too!
I wonder if it's either of these...
http://naturalhighs.net/waterfalls/falls00/henrie.htm
http://naturalhighs.net/waterfalls/falls00/school7.htm