Article: Perilous time for parks

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Another, more dramatic article...
http://www.pressconnects.com/article/20 ... osure-list

what shocks me is this...
The public swimming area at Buttermilk Falls State Park in Tompkins County would close.
you've got to be kidding me. That's the most popular swimming hole in that region!
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Yeah, and guess what I got in the mail yesterday? Why, a renewal notice for my empire pass. Well, if they are closing all the parks, no need for that now, is there? sheesh
LGD
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

If anyone sends their 2 cents...let me know if you get a response back....I know I wrote to him last year (cant recall what for) but know I never received a response from his office which irrated me more than the original reason why I wrote to him.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

RBJ is covering it too.

Another one:
Also, Stony Brook State Park in Steuben County would be closed to swimmers, and camper recreation programs at multiple unidentified sites in the Rochester region would be eliminated.
That's going to piss off my family... we host parties here
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Yeah, and guess what I got in the mail yesterday? Why, a renewal notice for my empire pass. Well, if they are closing all the parks, no need for that now, is there? sheesh
Yeah... it's a downward spiral anyone familiar with basic economics can comprehend. Less empire pass renewals, less visitation in general = even less revenue = even MORE cuts we'll see in the future. :(
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hit_thetrails
Junior
Junior

GRRRR!