Gone but not forgotten

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

Matt wrote:yes. I loved those!
that was back when Now & Laters ruled and Jolly Ranchers were the up and coming candy.
Anyone remember Bonkers!? The candy that bonks you out?

Seems like i can still find Fun Dip if i look for it, but where has Big League Chew gone?
Big League Chew is still around in this area.

How 'bout Boston Baked Beans, Lemonheads, and those sorts. Those were the expensive ones at that little store.. they were a whoppin' $.25 per box. :)
-----
spec
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

spec wrote:How 'bout Boston Baked Beans, Lemonheads, and those sorts. Those were the expensive ones at that little store.. they were a whoppin' $.25 per box. :)
Lemonheads are still around. They are .99 (theater boxes) at the college store in Brockport.
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

not only are lemonheads around, but they, as far as I am concerned, improved on them 100 fold by releasing a new Chewey Lemonhead variety :up:
I just send a variety of those small boxed classic candies to Jung over in China... Boston Baked Beans, Lemonheads, Fireballs, Alexander the Grapes, etc...

Walgreens is a great source for these and other boxed candies, like Mike and Ikes, Good and plenties.

Here's a cool bit of info... Walgreens started as a sweet shop... you know, one of those old time soda fountain, ice cream and homemade candy shops. They stay true to that by dedicating a full isle (both sides) in each store to candy.

Matt
President
President

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Blast from the past! I had one of those and a Speak & Math too. I remember having some sort of special cartridge that went in the Speak & Spell that would have words related to the movie E.T. on it.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President

Matt
President
President

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Matt wrote:Image

Lol, I had forgotten these...but man I used to love them!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook