Kaaterskill Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

:camera: sweet!
americanhero
Guide
Guide
Camera Model: Canon S95, Canon D10, Nikon D90

wow, what a great shot!! :up:
Yvonne Baur Photography

my photo stream on flickr: Yvonne Baur
john7D
Rookie

Wow ... thanks!!! You sure know how to make a newbie feel welcome. I can't believe this site exists - I had just decided to explore NY waterfalls and streams, took the obligatory trip to Bash Bish, then Kaaterskill, and now onward to discover as many as possible. I look forward both to viewing and posting pics and talking to people here who are probably (almost) as crazy as I am about this hobby!!! :-)
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

great shot Great composition that really puts depth into the scene. Welcome to the board. I certainly look forward to more of your shots!
john7D
Rookie

Strictly speaking not the falls (hope it's ok to post it here), but the stream along the hike back down. Quite a beautiful hike in the fall.

A view from the top of the lowest section:

gardengirl13
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: OMD-EM5

Great shots!!! I'm mad! I was going to go there, I picked up my niece in prattsville on the 15th and we drove down 23A instead of 23 to show her the falls from the road. It was beautiful and I told myself we'd go the next weekend to shoot and my back hurt way to bad to do any kind of hike. Now the leaves are all gone. I still plan on going soon, but will have to wait until next oct to shoot the leaves.
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

We recently made a trip here. I was amazed that spring had not sprung in NY yet. At home most of our flowering trees were in full bloom. The water flow was good, but the sun was bright and made for difficult photos. Here is a shot of the lower falls. It is hard to appreciate the scale of it.
Attachments
f16 1/13 ISO 100
f16 1/13 ISO 100
20140425-IMG_3158.jpg (750.84 KiB) Viewed 1334 times
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Fantastic pic!