New Quests

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

spec wrote:Yeah -- where is that??? ;)
HMmmmmmmmmmm getting to old to remember everything !!
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

pgflyer1 wrote:
spec wrote:Yeah -- where is that??? ;)
HMmmmmmmmmmm getting to old to remember everything !!
N 42.72399 W 76.44761, Fallzguy has shot this one too !
me
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

PF Falls is on PRIVATE property - you need permission from owner to take pictures. NO creek walking on this one !
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

PF Falls is actually downstream of Parsons Falls
http://mapper.acme.com/?ll=42.72389,-76 ... wn%20Falls
You need to get permission from owner to go in and take pictures of this one from different angles.
This falls is NOT down stream of Parson's falls. It's the next gulf north-east of Parson's. I'm going to change my pictures to read " Owasco Hill creek falls".
There is a falls where Parson's falls creek comes out to West Lake road.
marty
Last edited by pgflyer1 on Sat May 21, 2011 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Sweet letter is already typed just need to mail it
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Well I've done some homework here at home. And I got my sights set on Spring Thaw too ! I found another falls that looks like one of those that may dry up in summer? But plan on going down in early spring thaw to take some pictures. I've looked at the Falls map and this one isn't on there either.. Attached is a topo map of the area. I'm not revealing where it is until I get some pictures of it. I'd rather be disappointed myself than to have everyone else be too.
Unknown Falls 001NYFS.JPG
Unknown Falls 001NYFS.JPG (8.42 KiB) Viewed 2578 times
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

This morning I had a big delivery to Moravia, NY. The creeks are really flowing great now, if anyone is interested in getting some photos of waterfalls in this area ? !! On my way down 41A, I've seen a gulf that looked like a possibility of having something there. On my way back trough, I took a couple of photos because of the spring thaw. This area even has signs on roadside thats " no parking ". I was more interested in the gulf action and noticed the signs after I parked and took pictures :lol: The first picture is on the upside of gulf and the second is on the downside of road. There looks to be a small falls of maybe 5 to 10 feet tall, it's in the middle of picture. When I crossed over the bridge at Montville, the water is really flowing hard. Those two main below must be pretty impressive to photograph now !
upside of gulf
upside of gulf
downside of road
downside of road
www.panoramio.com/photo/49329947 This is the location.
Last edited by pgflyer1 on Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.