Chittenango Falls

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

nvr2low

last set of pics from the day. these falls are really nice but have no way to get access to the bottom during the winter. they close the path down because of ice.

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I bet those steps going down are coated in ice in the winter. When I was there in the summer and lady slipped on her ass because they were all wet from the spray.

great shots! The one looking down at the pedestrian bridge is especially well composed.
nvr2low

thanks, it was hard to get a good shot with the conditions, that was the only one i really thought was any good.
michael_shake
Junior
Junior

Chittenango Falls

Last edited by michael_shake on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

nice - you lucked out with the overcast/misty skies. Really gives a great atmosphere.....I've been waiting for one of these days. I hate to say it, but the weather's been too darn nice for waterfall shooting!
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I like how I can see the dew on the lower left veggetation on the second one.
michael_shake
Junior
Junior

Thanks Guys,

I was very lucky to have several great days to shoot waterfalls. Very overcast skies but when I was shooting the rain stopped for me. My wife and I where also the only ones at all these falls.

I use a Nikon D200. Matt, in the full size photo of that second one you can clearly see those water drops. I got the entire photo in good focus.

This is a very beautiful waterfall by the way. One of the prettiest ones I have seen.