Moss Glen Falls - Granville,Vermont

Talk about waterfalls outside of New York state.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

We just got back from a vacation to the Adirondacks and various places in New England and stopped by here. There's actually another Moss Glen Falls a little bit north of Waterbury. Give me a few weeks before I post pics. I have 100s to go through! :D :frustrated:
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Yeah, we went to both Moss Glens. I too have many photos to go through and will post.

I am looking forward to seeing yours. Unfortunately we were about a week late for the foliage.
cbobcat49

Unfortunately we were about a week late for the foliage.
Same here. I wonder if we were there on the same day? lol We were at the northern Moss Glen last Wednesday and the southern one Thursday.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Close, we were at the southern the 10th and the northern the 12th. It was our first visit to Vermont and we enjoyed it, though I think I preferred Lake Placid overall. It sounds like the 30th - 4th was ideal but we had some good color at spots. What part of ADK were you at?
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

Here is a picture of the Mom & Pop maple syrup that George was talking about. They have sample tasting and we bought two bottles.
Attachments
20131010-IMG_1592.jpg
20131010-IMG_1592.jpg (478.1 KiB) Viewed 6146 times
cbobcat49

We rented a house with my wife's family just outside of Lake Placid off of the Military Road.
Last edited by cbobcat49 on Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II

cbobcat49 wrote:We rented a house with my wife's family just outside of Lake Placid off of the Military Road.
Sounds nice.

I posted a topic for Moss Glen Falls - Stowe, VT here... http://nyfalls.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=4530
cbobcat49

Taken on 10/16/13.

No people selling maple syrup in the parking lot, but we did visit this really talented glass artisan at his shop about a mile south of the falls.