Weird news

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Post office evacuated after 'KY Intense Arousal gel' leaked from a package and spread to more than 12 others causing alarm

Authorities came prepared with orange chemical suits and all.
But the suspicious substance that prompted the evacuation of a northeastern Alabama post office last week turned out to be KY Intense Arousal gel, U.S. Postal Service officials say.
Officials at the local post office in Guntersville, Alabama, say the gel leaked from a package and had spread to between 12 and 15 others Thursday morning.

The discovery sent the office’s staff into a complete frenzy as the gel leak was initially characterized as a chemical spill.
Two post office workers were hospitalized as a precaution after they came into contact with the gel and were not injured, according to local NBC news affiliate WAFF.
Officials now say the gel is made with non-hazardous chemicals that are intended to intensify sensation.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z2Z922dSc7
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Matt
President
President

Paralyzed man wakes up to find his dog eating his testicle
The 39-year-old, who has no feeling from the waist down, was rushed to hospital after he found his pet pooch snacking on something chewy.
Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... z2b7Mw40mR

:fear:
Kelly
Editor
Editor

Chinese zoo under fire for disguising hairy dog as lion

This is just a file photo used in the article, which makes the whole thing all the more weird.
A Chinese zoo's supposed ‘African lion’ was exposed as a fraud when the dog used as a substitute started barking.

The zoo in the People's Park of Luohe, in the central province of Henan, replaced exotic exhibits with common species, according to the state-run Beijing Youth Daily.

It quoted a customer surnamed Liu who wanted to show her son the different sounds animals made – but he pointed out that the animal in the cage labelled ‘African lion’ was barking.

The beast was in fact a Tibetan mastiff – a large and long-haired breed of dog.

"The zoo is absolutely cheating us," the paper quoted Liu, who was charged 15 yuan ($2.45) for the ticket, as saying.

"They are trying to disguise the dogs as lions."

Three other species housed incorrectly included two coypu rodents in a snake's cage, a white fox in a leopard's den, and another dog in a wolf pen.

The chief of the park's animal department, Liu Suya, told the paper that while it does have a lion, it had been taken to a breeding facility and the dog – which belonged to an employee – had been temporarily housed in the zoo over safety concerns.

Users of China's Twitter-like Sina Weibo service mocked the zoo.

"This is not funny at all. It's sad for both the zoo and the animals," said one.

"They should at least use a husky to pretend to be a wolf," said another.
YouTube video at this zoo - WARNING - Animal Cruelty :cry:
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85_WfGgOkU4[/spoiler]

http://www.timeslive.co.za/world/2013/0 ... og-as-lion

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic
Matt
President
President

the purebred Tibetan mastiffs i saw that were owned by tibetan farmers were scarier than lions. They would clear pathways down busy streets as their owners walked them.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Kelly
Editor
Editor

Oh yeah? We'll have to take your word for that and assume you're not lion. But...

What about this? I suppose you saw something even scarier than this too...... :roll:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

:mrgreen:

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic
Kelly
Editor
Editor

Yukon bar patron swallows famous sourtoe, pays fine, leaves town

An unidentified man took the local "sourtoe cocktail," which features a mummified human toe, and willfully swallowed it, according to witnesses

The severed human toe that is the key ingredient in the Sourtoe Cocktail is plunked into drinks, which are downed by patrons of the Downtown hotel in Dawson City, Yukon.
A Yukon hotel is short one severed human toe after a man swallowed it in a glass of whisky Saturday night.
“I’d never, ever expected something like that to happen,” said Terry Lee, still flabbergasted by what he saw at the Downtown Hotel in Dawson City.
The local tradition of downing drinks containing a severed digit, gnarled and leathery like a stale pepperoni stick, hearkens back to the early 1970s, when a river barge pilot named Captain Dick Stevenson founded the “Sourtoe Cocktail Club.”
Lee, a local retiree who has worked as “toe captain” since June, said the latest toe was “mummified” with salt, and plunked into drinks for brave patrons about 30 to 40 times per night. More than 52,000 have joined the club, each receiving certificates and membership cards as relics of their courageous deed.
“It’s a dark brown colour, completely wrinkled. It’s a gross looking thing.”
Lee recommended trying it with Yukon Jack whisky.
There’s a $500 fine for swallowing the toe, which Lee said is meant as a “deterrent.” On Saturday, an unidentified man entered the bar and approached Lee’s station with a shot of whisky.
“This guy popped it in his mouth . . . takes $500 out of his pocket and slams it on the table and starts walking away.
“I said, ‘Where’s the toe?’ and he said, ‘I swallowed it’ . . . I was shocked.”
Earlier that night, the unidentified man described only as “Josh from New Orleans” was at another bar called The Pit, said Brodie McCrory, who works front desk at the Downtown Hotel.
“Josh” had decided to leave town, and was given his rent deposit back, said McCrory.
McCrory said he’s heard the man wavered between “ringing the bell” and buying drinks for everyone at The Pit, or rushing over to the Downtown Hotel to “swallow the toe.”
Lee, who was toe overseer at the hotel on Saturday night, said the man approached his station near closing time, and paid his $5 “toe tax” to have the amputated artifact dipped into his glass of booze.
Lee recited the standard line spoken to all those willing to feel the big toe bump against their mouths: “You can drink it fast, you can drink it slow, but your lips must touch the toe.”
The man drank it fast, slurped the toe into his mouth, and quickly grabbed his pint of beer and chugged, Lee recalled.
Josh Martin — no relation to “Josh from New Orleans” — has also tasted the wrinkly flesh of the sourtoe. He became the 36,796th member of the “sourtoe club” while visiting Dawson City in June 2010.
“I still carry the official membership card in my wallet and when I returned home from the Yukon I replaced my university diploma on my wall with my Sourtoe Cocktail certificate,” Martin told the Star.
“The whisky was the only thing I could taste but the toe was like a leathery piece of jerky — with a toenail attached to it,” said Martin.
the rest here - http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2013 ... _town.html

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic
Kelly
Editor
Editor

40-Years-Old Mother Set To Marry Own Son-In Zimbabwe
A 40-year-old mother is set to marry her own son. The woman and her son claim to be in love with each other. And now they want to take their relationship to the next level and get married considering that the mother, Betty Mbereko (from Mwenezi in Masvingo) is now six months pregnant and expecting her son’s child and her grand child.

Mbereko, 40, has been a widow for the past 12 years and has been living with her 23-years-old son Farai Mbereko.
She confirms that she is six month pregnant and that she has decided it is better to “marry” her son because she does not want to marry her late husband’s young brothers, whom she says are coveting her.
Betty stunned a village court last week when she said the affair with her son had begun three years earlier.
She said after spending a lot of money sending Farai to school following the death of her husband, she felt she had a right to his money and no other woman was entitled to it.
“Look, I strove alone to send my son to school and no one helped me. Now you see that my son is working and you accuse me of doing something wrong.
“Let me enjoy the products of my sweat,” she told the village court council.
Farai said he was more than prepared to marry his mother and would pay off the ilobola balance his father had left unpaid to his grandparents.
“I know my father died before he finished paying the bride price and I am prepared to pay it off,” he said. “It is better to publicise what is happening because people should know that I am the one who made my mother pregnant.
Otherwise they will accuse her of promiscuity.” But local headman Nathan Muputirwa says: “We cannot allow this to happen in our village, mashura chaiwo aya, (This is a bad omen indeed). In the past they would have to be killed but today we cannot do it because we are afraid of the police.”
He warned them to immediately break off their marriage or leave his village. They chose the latter and have since left the village for an undisclosed destination.
- See more at: http://jadeafrican.com/40-years-old-mot ... zKdYU.dpuf

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
New York Historic