Tannery Creek

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

love that first shot!
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

I can't wait to get up there and check this out in person. I want to try climbing it, and I can confidently say that Ben likely wants to try as well. :) We only made it as far as the two-tiered falls when we went before. Ben climbed up, but I didn't as I was not wearing the right trousers for climbing -- too constricting, and couldn't stretch my legs far enough for the climb. This summer, tho, I'm there.
-----
spec
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Attempt at a HDR.

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Was at Tannery this past weekend. The weather was almost perfect. Maybe past peak foliage. Yet i never saw another person.

David
Attachments
IMG_1927HDRsmall.jpg
IMG_1915HDRsmall.jpg
TAnnryMidFallssml.jpg
IMG_1939HDRsmall.jpg
IMG_1953HDRsmall.jpg
hobkyl

Beautiful photos David!

Tannery is a "hidden" gem. Ive never encountered anyone there...and I go several times a year and have been for several years. It doesnt get the publicity that Grimes gets...or have the shear size of Clarks or Conklin...and for those reasons I love it!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Yes, beautiful!
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Thanks for the mention. I do think I never got to the highest set of falls. But it is peaceful and beautiful there.

The pics are all HDR. Even bracketing a +2 and -2 time exposure when I took the pictures, the waterfalls are still all blown out in HDR. So i had to layer the waterfall back on top with like 70% opacity for the layer. Not sure that is the best solution.

David
hobkyl

The last photo you have there is the tallest falls. If you scroll up and look at bremers post....there is one more sizeable falls beyond it...but dont think its quite as tall-could be though...hard to tell as it has several drops.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook