Tannery Creek

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

great series of shots. The leaves really had that place blanketed.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

As always...a great hike in Tannery Creek. Love this place.

Either nature or man removed the trees that once adorned the main falls. With the water flow and without the log, I didnt dare cross the middle of the falls.

Tannery Creek by hobkyl, on Flickr

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

Nice to see the logs gone! I think they were even there going back to the 200 waterfalls book picture. I really like that second shot - looks like a great perspective to return to in the fall :up:
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

i visited this past weekend for the first time since college. An excellent hike with decent climbs. I was able to get the info and imagery that I need to build a page, but I did not climb the last falls, thinking I don't want to encourage that climb to readers. It seemed insane.
hobkyl

It used to be very managable when the log was wedged in the pool in the middle. Now, I wouldnt dare try it unless waterflow was really low...in which case I probably wouldnt bother going further.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
jroz
Junior
Junior

Finally made it here a few days ago, when it was pretty hot, so the creek definitely felt good. Saw one other person while I was there. As you will see, things definitely look drier in comparison to the photos posted from June I would like to go back there, but will wait until after we get some desperately needed rain (and at this rate, who knows when that will be)...

I stopped at the third falls. I was tempted to go up to the fourth, but the hill to the left of the falls looked pretty sketchy up top (I saw the other person go up that way), and I wasn't about to try the rope to the right since who knows how long it's been there. Where are like 3 footholds when you need 'em? I know other people wouldn't give it a second thought but I prefer my limbs intact so... :P

I am also glad I am a short thin person, getting around those busted up trees at the falls below the 3rd was a bit tricky..and shame all those logs are there, it would be a pretty nice falls to get if they weren't there.

IMGP6653 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6659 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6668 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6685 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6720 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6747 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6758 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6787 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6788 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6795 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6804 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6826 by jroz, on Flickr

IMGP6847 by jroz, on Flickr

The rest are in a set on flickr.
bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

Nice! I hadn't noticed that new log in Kyles last shots. I'm guessing its one of those that spent the past several years stuck at the larger falls upstream. Chances are it will spend the next 5 years hanging out at this one, "messing up" the perfect shot, although that will of course depend on how you see it. It works quite well in your shots :up:
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography
hobkyl

Wonderful shots Judy!

The left side is definitely the way to go. There is a well worn path on that side. The rope has been there 10 years or more, is rotted, and there are NO good foot holds leading up to it. It's sketchy to say the least.

I agree about the log jam. I had a difficult time navigating over/under that.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook