It's Friday! What did you learn this week?

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

--that March might be a good month to close down and travel, if we can ever afford to do it.

--that my niece is having a boy and my daughter-in-law is having a girl; both in August.

--that spring can't come soon enough.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I found several new candy stores (new to me)

Bonnies, Dianne's, Fowler's, Enchanted Chocolates, Watson's
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Well, my grandmother passed away Tuesday night. Nothing unexpected. She was 93, and gradually going downhill the last couple of years. It all happened very quietly in that she didn't have a diesease or anything. Just that this was the time. So this is a hectic week with taking care of all the arrangements and getting ready to host in-laws for Easter. Speaking of babies, the last 2 days my father has been non-stop ribbing on Julie and I about when we're having a kid. I told him to shut up and quit bringing that up... for now... in the nicest way possible. :)

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Sorry to hear about your grandmother, Chris. Having lived a long life doesn't necessarily make it easier when the time comes. My grandma was right about the same age when she passed. She lived with us (she had a weekend place) and helped raise me until I was 16(?). I was living in FL when she passed so all I had to do was show up, but I've since had to "handle things" on several occasions, so I know what you're dealing with.

As far as kids goes, I've always believed that you should do it when you're ready, or not. I knew that my step-son & daughter-in-law were planning it from day one, but I wasn't sure that my niece would ever. C'est la vie.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Thanks Brenda.

Kids for us is still "to be determined".
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

Sorry to hear of your loss Chris ... Your Grandmother I am sure will always be a live in your heart.

I learned a bit about RGB, Pixels, Resolution and what they all have to do with the way a digital print turns out.

I also learned that I may have to read this book 10 times to make it sink in .... lol. :roll:
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

I learned that Adorama absolutely knows how to pack a box for shipping and Amazon does not.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
chris270
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Mark III 1D and Canon 40D

Sorry to hear about your loss Chris.
This week I learned that my one trip this year is Yellowstone in May. Next week: scheme on making more money for the big lens.