Walking across the border?

The place to talk about the world famous waterfall attraction, the tourism, and the condition of each side of the border.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I was thinking that bridge would be a good place for some shooting. Has anyone moseyed on across the bridge? Is it a hassle?
tjconheady
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon Powershot S3

I heard it was actually pretty easy, mainly because there's not many places to smuggle things across the border
TJC

www.conheady.net...a cleaner, less biased, less censored, less-Matted forum
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Very easy. Just bring everything you normally would for a car crossing. Passport, birth certificate, whatever.
They ask you all the same questions they would if you were driving, and there's never more than a line of 5 or so people.
There's a very cheap "toll" too. I think about a dollar. It's been a few years since I've walked across.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Mark J
Senior
Senior

My daughter (a US citizen like me) was in Niagara Falls in November. She was able to cross the pedestrian bridge in both directions with nothing more than a valid Virginia drivers license. I walked across in August, 2006 with my 11-year-old son and his 12-year-old friend. I used my drivers license and US birth certificate for ID; for my son, I just had a US birth certificate. For my son's friend, he had his US birth certificate and I also had him bring a notarized letter from his mother saying that we has travelling with me. Everything went very smoothly, no problem. There is a turnstyle you have to put money in to exit Canada, it was no more than a dollar as far as I recall.
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

We also had no problems walking across the bridge.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com