Snow Storm In NY

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

Did anyone get out and get any pictures during the storm today in NY? I went out for about a half an hour near home. The snow has been coming down all day and does not appear to be letting up.

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Those shots are fantastic! Enter that first one in the challenge and you definitely have a shot at winning!

Me, I tend to stay indoors as much as possible in the snow.... and having a new camera I don't want to drop isn't helping either.
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert

I was not sure if I wanted to go out because it was cold, but I loved the way the snow was falling, so I could not help myself. :D

I have a decorated tree photo and the first photo that I have been torn between for the challenge. I think I have made up my mind.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

you can submit as many photos as you want for the challenge. There is no limit.
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert

I showed my husband, and he liked the pine in the snow one, but he is playing his xbox and that new assassin's creed game so ... lol.
ShanaD

Do you have to do anything special to your camera when you go outside and back to inside? I hear that sometimes there can be "damage" due to the temperature change Those are great shots, but I like to stay warm. :D
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert

I am not sure about the new one yet, but with the old one I never had to. I never really stay out long either. I don't mind the cold or the snow, it is the ice I cannot deal with. I have the steel in my leg to remind me if I do ... :lol:

Thanks for the compliments on the shots. I like the pine tree best. :D It is at the other end of the building I live in.