December Photo Challenge: Christmas Trees

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

A different type of tree
this is a quilt my wife is working on.

The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
the_phreac

backpacker wrote:A different type of tree
this is a quilt my wife is working on.

Holy mother of Christ! Is that quilt covering up a body or something. Just kidding...Jesus hates me.
Seriously though, that's a nice quilt - nice geometry and design. I don't know but something about that quilt reminds me of St. Nick, pine trees, and snow flakes. :D
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

Skaneateles this morning
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

Very nice postcard quality :mrgreen:

passing through or fishing?
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

Beautiful shot Matt! Have you ever been there on the weekend for the Christmas festivities? I saw an article about it and it sounds like a really fun time! I had some guests last weekend who were hoping to make the drive over there but I don't think that they ever got around to it.

That's a very nice quilt backpacker! I've always admired people who are "crafty." I've tried it all at one point or another (crochet, knitting, needlepoint, macrame...) and I just don't have the patience for any of it. I get bored too quickly (as is evident from my resume). :lol:
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

its alright if you like to be harassed by a bunch of strangely dressed people talking in bad olde english accents and bothering you wherever you go :woof:
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

That's pretty much what I had envisioned--kind of like the Renaissance Festival. I always have a good time there, but there's so much to see and do and buy and eat, and did I mention eat? This sounds similar, but colder.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

I decided I would also enter the other photo I was debating on entering in the first place. It was taken at the local medical center. :D Trees on every floor, just liked this one best.