Hector Falls

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D3100 & Canon A4000 IS

This falls is located between Watkins Glen and Hector NY on State Route 414. There is limited parking a long side the road. It also has another section on the opposite side of the road on private property.

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I felt like I was going to get run over when I was checking out this one. I couldn't get a good view of the other side but it drops off so steeply that it's really an amazing site. I'd love to have that cottage that has the lawn chairs on the ledge next to the falls. Has anyone seen the falls fromt he bottom?
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I tried once to get a shot from across the lake. I wasn't able to zoom in enough to make the picture worthwhile. I'd love to be on a boat some time and see this one.

-Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

not from the lake, but I was playing around in the creek last summer:
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert

I have a shot from the bottom of this also, It is not a great shot, but I have one.

Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert

champy1013 wrote:not from the lake, but I was playing around in the creek last summer:
Beautiful Picture
MyBethie
Rookie

Hey everyone!

Read that Matt would love to have the cottage with the lawn chairs on the ledge next to the falls. I think maybe he was talking 'bout my new place. My husband and I just bought the light yellow house with the green trim that's on the northern side of the creek down below RT 414. The house is called "Falling Waters" and I think that is an appropriate name. The natural rock patio ledge was the best selling point and we're looking forward to sitting out there this summer (sorry, I'm not trying to rub it in). Sleeping is great too, b/c of the sound from the falls. Here are a few pictures that show the falls from the bottom. They are by no means good-- two were from when we saw the place in October when we were house hunting and the other was from last week when I just took a quick snap to send to my folks... I'm not a photographer like Champy and Matt! All the land down by the falls IS private property and the residents very much want their privacy to be respected. I hear that the fishing is quite good where the creek flows into the lake and that in the spring/summer there are a lot of fishermen that canoe or wade up the creek to fish in the waters there... I don't think the creek can possibly be privately owned, so if you had a canoe, you might try that out (just don't say I told you!).

I'm new to the website, but think it's awesome... thanks and have a wonderful day!

Beth
House and shed with Falls
House and shed with Falls
Shed and falls.jpg (64.78 KiB) Viewed 2755 times
Frozen Falls in January
Frozen Falls in January
Frozen Falls.jpg (51.37 KiB) Viewed 2759 times
Falls in October
Falls in October
Falls.jpg (64.9 KiB) Viewed 2754 times
Winnie
Board Expert
Board Expert

This place is beautiful and I have been wanting to see it from some other view than from above. Thanks for sharing with us, and welcome to the community.