Site Announcements

A note from the NYFalls.com founder:
Due to a company restructuring, I will be losing my full time job soon. Although it saddens me to leave the company that I have helped build up for the last 14 years to the success it is today, I am looking forward to new opportunities. I am known for my technical, managerial, and creative abilities, and I hope to utilize all of those talents in my next career. I put together a résumé outlining my skills and projects. Please have a look. Although I am open to any management position, I would like to leverage my experience and success with NYFalls.com and NYHistoric.com into a career in the WNY travel/tourism industry. If you know of a company that would benefit from someone with talents and experience, please spread the word. Thank you for your help and support.
Here is my Resume | Discussion topic

Finger Lakes Wine...

Give us your opinion here

Moderator: Kelly

Are you interested in Finger Lakes wine?

Yes
60%
No
33%
I'm drunk on it right now!
7%

Total votes : 15

Finger Lakes Wine...

Postby Matt » Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:34 pm

I am investigating if we have enough people on board to start a sub-forum concentrating on local wineries and breweries.
Matt
President
President

Camera Model: Olympus OMD Em-1; E-5
Challenge wins: :star:

Advertisement

Thanks for supporting our site by using our advertisers!

Re: Finger Lakes Wine...

Postby Mark J » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:54 pm

There's a discount wine outlet in Ithaca. That's about all I need to know! This subject could become exhaustive, and there are plenty of other sites on NY wines. Now if there are NY wines with specific waterfall links, then I'd like to read about it here. In fact I know there are -- some NY wines depict waterfalls on their labels or are named for waterfalls.
Mark J
Senior
Senior

Re: Finger Lakes Wine...

Postby hoohaa » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:03 am

Don't know if I should say yes or no. I can't stand wine. However, I like the brewery idea and would be on board to help out with that aspect of the sub-forum as much as possible. Actually, it might force me to visit a few more breweries (there are a handful near me).

I would probably check out some of the winery things, too, if not just for the fact that I think some could make for really sweet photo ops.

I would say, however, that I wouldn't just make it "Finger Lakes," as I'm sure people from all over the state -- or even out of state -- would be able to give some good stuff.
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide

Camera Model: Canon 7D
Challenge wins: None

Return to Survey

Thanks for supporting our sponsors

Click for Finger Lakes pics
Adorama Pix

Thanks for supporting our sponsors

Finger Lakes pics
Adorama Pix