Howe Caverns - Worth it?

Discuss local parks, preserves and lakes here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hoohaa
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon 7D

I don't believe they'll allow it. It's basically carry a camera/flash. No bags whatsoever. And I don't think there's enough time to set up a tripod, get your shot etc.
My photo blog: P.J.'s look at the world
My regular blog: A 'lil HooHaa
My flickr: HooHaa Photos

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
Mark J
Senior
Senior

Their website says no bags and specifically no camera bags. Due to the number visitors based on the day I was there, I'd be really surprised if they allowed tripods.
RichieC
Rookie

Went to Howe Caverns in May 2018. It is definitely worth it, especially because of the underground boat ride. A little pricey, but a good experience. When I was there in '94, they turned the lights off to show you absolute darkness. (not a fan of that.) But this time around, they didn't do that. Not sure if they had to change it for some reason. Anyways, looks like they are trying to make it a resort, so there are other things to do there besides the cave. (ie zip-line, mining for gems, etc)
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Thanks for the info! I was just thinking about this the other day and you saved me some research!