Hume Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Very nice photos of falls. It's to bad residents dump trash there.
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
FillmoreFan

To answer a couple questions posed above, first--no, the falls are not visible from the bridge, at least not easily. Second--the bridge is on County Rd. 23. Sadly, I do not remember the name of the street in Hume itself, as it has been 25 years since I moved away from the area. And third, Mills Mills is not entirely private property; if you turn the other direction off of Rt. 19, away from the Hume Falls, the road will lead you to Mills Mills, but you have to make sure you stay ON Mills' Mills Rd. as there are several forks that aren't always well marked. Eventually, you'll reach the point where the road crosses Wiscoy Creek, where the dam was built to power Mr. Mills's mill. It's a beautiful drive, especially in the spring when the water is flowing well, or in the fall when the leaves are turning.

In case you're wondering how I know so much about the area, my great-aunt's house was in Hume, not far from the falls, so they were my playground when I was staying with her; and my grandparents lived about a mile and a half down Cold Creek, on the west edge of what used to be the "corporation line" until the village of Fillmore dissolved the corporation a few years ago.