Burdett Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I was checkling out Hector Falls today while out in that area. After that I drove through Burdett and noticed what looked like a small town park. I pulled over, check it out and found a small 4' drop then a 2' drop down and old dam, then a 20' drop. There's a coffee shop next door who may have a better view of the large falls, but they were closed and I didn't want to cross their property.

Map

I'm not 100% this was a park, as there were no signs, but it was well kep wtih benches and a parking area. I took a few shots and I will post them when I get the chance.
Jennifer
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: 50D with 10D backup

There is a small park to the right of the coffee shop (next to the walking bridge) but I'm not sure where the coffee shop property begins. I don't think she would care if you walked back there though. I have several times. I'm not 100% but I believe the creek is (or was?) called Cranberry Creek. I'll see if I can get a better answer for you.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

I also stopped here last weekend. Noticed a falls on mill st.
Mill St Falls Burdett 0332 HD sml.JPG
Mill St Falls Burdett 0332 HD sml.JPG (246.96 KiB) Viewed 1739 times
Marty
Last edited by pgflyer1 on Sun May 17, 2015 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

It's amazing how green the water in that plunge pool is!
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

I noticed that too ! I think some of the green color is from my slow shutter speed too.
On my simple photo editor, I double clicked the "auto Color" button. Ooops !
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban