New Quests

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

A friend told me of a falls he knew near King Ferry, NY. I found that one and four others on my topo map and verified them on Bing maps.
I went to Clifton falls, nobody home, land is posted, didn't get any shots! Went to Moonshine falls, talked with a resident that said it's very steep once you get close to falls, he didn't recommend going in. Seems all the falls in this area have very unstable ravine walls. So we went to Black rock rd falls, another owner told me that he would let us EVEN walk over near the upper edge of ravine because you could fall in.. BUT he said there are two upper falls where creek crosses under road. Next we went to Clearview rd, upper falls and lower one both are on private property and nobody home. Last we went to Fire lane six falls, it's on a one lane road, 5 mph on this road and is a dead end too! Stopped back at 1 st. falls and still nobody home.
Black rock upper falls0316 HD sml.JPG
Black rock upper falls0316 HD sml.JPG (258.63 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Black rock middle falls0312 HD sml.JPG
Black rock middle falls0312 HD sml.JPG (258.2 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Fire lane six falls HD sml.JPG
Fire lane six falls HD sml.JPG (251.54 KiB) Viewed 939 times
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban