Falls on Death Brook near Raquette Lake

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

GrandWazoo
Rookie
Camera Model: Canon Powershot Pro 1

I looked around on the site buy I was unable to find any threads that even mention the falls on Death Brook. It's also is called secret falls. It's back in the woods on an old logging trail that starts on Rt. 28 just opposite Golden Beach State campground at Raquette Lake. It's a neat falls being relatively close to the highway yet little known. I have a bunch of photos of it that I will post soon.

Steve
It is an interesting question how far men would retain their relative rank if they were divested of their clothes. -Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I never heard of it, but I'm not familiar with that area. I checked Russell Dunn's book and couldn't find it. Looking forward to seeing pics.
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

Steve, any chance of you posting the pics?
haywood77
Rookie
Camera Model: NIkon D80

I was there this past Fall. Not much water then but I can post a photo when I find them.
CHibsch
Rookie
Camera Model: Sony A300 DSLR

This was taken in 2009, on Death Brook. Matt, it is in Russell Dunns Adirondack Waterfall Guide, page 52.
Des219
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Canon 6D

CHibsch wrote:Image

This was taken in 2009, on Death Brook. Matt, it is in Russell Dunns Adirondack Waterfall Guide, page 52.
For some reason the photo is not showing up.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

The link was to the page, not the image itself

Click the share this photo link, then the push pin icon for message board code.

Some nice photos there, the one of Hulls Falls, are there still posted signs around?
LGD
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Went to Death Brook over the weekend, not a ton of water, but decent. Short hike from the road. There was a small parking area with a locked gate, but blue NYS DEC trail markers, so it is now public land, apparently acquired in recent land purchases. Though it seems the falls are on a tributary to Death Brook, and not the brook itself. The light was a bit harsh, but it was decent enough for a few shots.

LGD