Angel Falls - Beaver Meadow Creek - Java, Wyoming Co.

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

We visited here today for the first time in probably 7 years. It's about a half mile creek walk to a 30' falls. Contrary to popular belief, the very small falls seen from the route 78 bridge is not the true Angel Falls.

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Nice find and nice pics Chris!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

excellent photos... I like the shape of this falls... a lot of things going on.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

From a landowner:
My family owns the property that provides the easiest access point to and from Angel Falls in Wyoming County. It is no longer as accessible as it once was since my grandfather used to encourage people to wander through his fields to visit the falls. He no longer owns the property, rather it is owned by my mother and some of it is used by my brother's beef cattle business. Field access is no longer allowed, out of privacy concerns for my mother who recently built a home near that area and out of safety concerns for people who would be walking through the field which houses large animals which are not people-friendly (including an occasional bull).

Access can still be gained by walking up the creek from Java Village, but I would appreciate it if your website mentioned that this is the only public access point and that all posted signs should be respected.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Good to know.

The above photos were taken by entering the creek from here...
Access can still be gained by walking up the creek from Java Village, but I would appreciate it if your website mentioned that this is the only public access point and that all posted signs should be respected.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau