Brickyard Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

mrdemaio73
Rookie

Farley access is now restricted...spoke with property owner on the street who said that one homeowner will actually chase "trespassers" in the woods on his atv. Homeowner with falls view the next street up from Farley is amenable to responsible adults requesting access but posted signs to try to limit teen parties.
solarflare
Rookie

Brickyard Falls may technically be owned by a land trust, but is in fact, owned by at least one of the homeowners. The purpose of a Florida Land Trust is to allow individuals to buy property, conceal the fact that they own it, limit their liability, and retain the rights of a property owner. Therefore, the kindly neighbor who allows access, may have no legal right to do so, and the legal property owner(s) can still have you arrested for trespassing.
Be careful with this one, friends. Trust me.
Cattitude
Rookie

I've been told about Edward's Falls and Old Dam, however I'm confused because I've heard from locals a couple of different stories. I've been told that "Old Dam" is what USED to be Edward's Falls before they dammed it up and made it into a dinky dam-thing. So basically Edward's Falls is no longer in existence (?!), and what many people refer to as "Edward's Falls" is actually Brickyard Falls, named after an old brickyard whose power source came from the waterfall. So what's the story? I hiked down the gully behind Suburban the other day and followed Limestone Creek until I could not go any further due to rough terrain and inadequate footwear (I'm going back ASAP with all the proper gear and I WILL CROSS THAT CREEK AND FEAST MY EYES ON THOSE FALLS!) I also tried approaching from Pompey Center Rd. and got a view of the very top of the falls where there is a "Private Property" sign strung across the entire width of the creek. Unfortunately whatever (eh hem, holding my tongue) "guy" built that house, built it very close to the waterfall and I didn't want to be a creepy trespasser.

So basically, is it Edward's Falls or Brickyard Falls? Is it true that "Old Dam" used to be the real "Edward's Falls" and what many refer to as Edward's is actually Brickyard?
PLKitch
Rookie
Camera Model: Nikon D3200, Panasonic DMC-ZS5, DMC-TZ4,

Edward's Falls does still exist and Brickyard falls is a totally different falls. Brickyard falls road crosses the creek within sight of the head of Brickyard falls. However, it is basically in the backyards of houses that are close and I have been unable to figure out if there is a legal way to visit. If you turn off of Brickyard Falls Rd on Clearwater circle, the falls is directly behind the houses at the end of that dead end road. Edwards Fall's you may be able to access by creekwalking up the limestone creek from behind the Suburban apartments. That was always my plan but I haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet. If you are by the fire dept on Pompey Center road and you look East ( upstream ) that is the old dam. If you look west ( downstream ) that is the head of Edward's falls in the backyard's of houses built there.
Cattitude
Rookie

Thanks for clearing that up. It's too bad that viewing these falls is a hassle due to private property. I will be hiking down behind Suburban Park to see Edward's Falls very soon! I'm excited.
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Today I went to Brickyard road falls. One of the residents was gracious enough to let take some pictures of the falls. Nikon Coolpix P510 camera, 1/10 sec, F5.9, ND12, -1.0. It was about 1pm when I took this photo.
BYF 057 Eml.JPG
BYF 057 Eml.JPG (273.29 KiB) Viewed 3794 times
This made my day! I hope everyone had a nice day too!
Marty
Comments welcome on my photo?
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
RichieC
Rookie

Good afternoon,

Did Brickyard Falls 3 days ago. We walked through Limestone Creek at the plaza where Troop K Road meets Rte. 173 ( W. Seneca). The walk through the creek is about a mile and leads right to the falls. I've uploaded a picture. Not a lot of water as it's been a dry season.

Neat little cave-like opening to the left of the falls where you can jump into the pool below.

Rich
Attachments
14089017_10153992030334217_6272508751733013907_n.jpg
14089017_10153992030334217_6272508751733013907_n.jpg (161.28 KiB) Viewed 1971 times