Clarksburg Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I didn't have much time this afternoon but I definitely wanted to get out somewhere so I decided to check out a few places on my list of interesting looking places I've got to check out. I went to a few spots in southern Erie County. I heard rumors of a falls on Big Sister Creek but I didn't see that much of an elevation change anywhere and where I did go into the creek, it was almost dry and filled with algae.

I have heard of a "Clarksburg Falls" and know that the little four corners of Clarksburg is right on Eighteen Mile Creek. From the bridge over the creek I got this view.....

The property is posted on either side of the creek so this is as good a view as anyone's going to get. There's a road parallelling the creek on the left of this photo so maybe when the leaves are off the trees there'd be a nice view looking directly at this falls. The bench at the center of the photo right next to the falls belongs to a rod & gun club that owns the land on the right side of the creek.

Chris
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

A roadside falls is worth a listing on this site. Do you have a GPS coordinates for this one?
cbobcat49

42.61972N, 78.83167W

There's another similar sized falls about a half mile downstream on this creek. Not visible from the roadside though.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

What do you think that is... about 10 feet high?
cbobcat49

Probably closer to 20 from the very top down to the pool. You can use that bench in the picture for scale.