Site Announcements

A note from the NYFalls.com founder:
Due to a company restructuring, I will be losing my full time job soon. Although it saddens me to leave the company that I have helped build up for the last 14 years to the success it is today, I am looking forward to new opportunities. I am known for my technical, managerial, and creative abilities, and I hope to utilize all of those talents in my next career. I put together a résumé outlining my skills and projects. Please have a look. Although I am open to any management position, I would like to leverage my experience and success with NYFalls.com and NYHistoric.com into a career in the WNY travel/tourism industry. If you know of a company that would benefit from someone with talents and experience, please spread the word. Thank you for your help and support.
Here is my Resume | Discussion topic

Lens Swapping Tips

Get and share tips on all aspects of photography.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Lens Swapping Tips

Postby Matt » Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:52 pm

Share your tips for swapping lenses here.

A few to get started:

Don't swap lenses around moving people. They always seem to bump into photographer when changing lenses.

If there is any dust or mist on the air... don't swap lenses.

On very humid days... avoid it.

When there are insects flying around... avoid it.

My process... I loosen the cap on the replacement lens and set it upright on its lens cap on a table. I put the lens cap on the lens attached to my camera, then disconnect it from my camera, keeping my camera pointed downward. I set it next to the replacement lens (also upright, standing on its lens cap). I move the loosened cap from the top of the replacement lens to the old lens and then snap in the new lens. Check for tightness... done.
Matt
President
President

Camera Model: Olympus OMD Em-1; E-5
Challenge wins: :star:

Advertisement

Thanks for supporting our site by using our advertisers!