Lick Brook Ithaca

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

Sadly Lick Brook will be dry soon but for the meantime it looks great. Most of the other falls were in direct sun so I didn't bother taking
photos except at the main amphitheater. Upstream of the main falls there are another 10-ish falls, the tallest being 15-20 ft. The preserve
kiosk with maps, historical info, ect, is at the eastern end parking lot (top of the hill). Seems like most of the people visiting today were
coming from here - probably because the lower lot has no sign except for a flx trail sign. Those coming with the primary goal of taking photos
may not find the upper part of the creek worth the steep and strenuous climb - there are quite a few falls but not too photogenic, though I'm
sure my opinion would change in the fall. Overall the trip is pretty tiring (its similar to climbing up the buttermilk falls trail) but when you take
the detour into the creek you never have to climb any drops more than a few feet so the danger of falling or getting injured is pretty low as
compared to other off-trail adventures.
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Great pic Brett! Man I hope it doesn't dry up too soon! That's on my short list.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
ApproachingLight
Board Expert
Board Expert

Brett, Nice pic!
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

very nice :up:
champy1013
Lead Contributer
Lead Contributer
Camera Model: Canon EOS 5D Mark IV

wow, wow, and wow....this place is amazing....stunning really, and with high water, I was blown away. I'll post more info/pics tomorrow...
HaloGirl
Veteran Board Expert
Veteran Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX10 IS & Applie iPhone

Nice, Champy!
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Wow! Those are great Matt! Hoping to end this ridiculous night owl shift this week and make a trip down there.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

Very Nice :up: I didn't know the flow could get this high. I was there 2 days after those record storms and saw maybe half this volume.
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography