March 19th Owl Prowl

A virtual place for planning to get together in the real world. Help plan photography hikes, walks, and meet-ups.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Going?

I'm in
44%
Me and guest(s)
33%
Maybe
11%
No way
11%

Total votes: 9
Kelly
Editor
Editor
Camera Model: Canon EOS 50D, EOS 7D Mi & ii, Rebel t3i, Canon M50

Was there this afternoon and saw no owls either, Chris. :cry: Although, there were two large birds that flushed near the exit/entrance and I'd like to think they were owls, but John thinks they were hawks.
I am strong, because I've been weak.
I am fearless, because I've been afraid.
I am wise, because I've been foolish.

- Unknown

My NYFalls.com Team Page
Scenes from a Public Market
New York Historic
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

The hawks are plentiful now in my area. I saw a group of about 15 flying over my house this afternoon.
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I stopped out today and spotted two saw whets and one long ear! Very cool...hope to get a pic up tonight...but don't expect much as the sunlight was very harsh.

Another note...while there, a guy laying mulch asked me if I belonged to a photography website. I told him yes. He went on to tell me he's never seen so many photogs there...and that there have been alot of people not playing by the rules. He said he's witnessed and chased out people who have been shaking trees, and even cutting branches to access a better view.

I told him Id make mention of it on the site to inform others.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Of course...BBRR also held a photo contest thru the 8th...which may have drawn some added interest to the woods! Guess I should have mentioned that to him. Did anyone know or enter it?
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Not as bad as thought I might have been...truely an awesome sighting. Much smaller than I had imagined they would be.

--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

excellent shot!
backpacker
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Nikon D90, D40x, Lenses Nikor 12-24, 18-105 vr, 18-135, 70-300 vr, sigma 150-5oo os

I second that
The Mountains are Calling and I must Go John Muir
my flickr gallery
46er interview