Japan earthquake pictures

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Yeah the Nuclear issue is a man-made kick in the gut when they are down and it's all I'm seeing on the news now. They will be finding bodies for years because the sand and mud has buried a lot of them.
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Matt wrote:Image

:shock:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President

Matt
President
President

Matt
President
President

hobkyl

Matt wrote:i had all my friends in Japan check in. They are in suburbs of Tokyo, but none that are coastal.
I even had a long lost friend check in. The odd thing is that I thought she was dead (she was very ill with cancer). Turns out she is doing fine.
Have you been staying in contact? Wondering if they have some better insight as to the actual severity of the nuke plant. There is speculation that Japan is not reporting accurate information (even though they did raise it to 5 today). I work at Ginna and we are getting daily briefs. (All nukes around the world are "networked" through the NRC) And we are being told not to believe what the media is saying.

Just wondering what someone on the ground over there is experiencing or hearing.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook