Parson Falls - Moravia

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Great shots! Is this property posted?
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
bldann79
Rookie
Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D

I do believe that we found this falls today as we traveled along Route 38 from Moravia to Auburn. It was on private property, with a spectacular view from the roadway. It is right in someone's back yard. How incredible for them!! Anyway, I knocked on the door for permission to shoot from their yard, but no one was home, so I snapped a few and left. I will return to get more, but enjoy this one for now.
Attachments
Parsons Falls - Route 38, Moravia, NY 5/30/2011
Parsons Falls - Route 38, Moravia, NY 5/30/2011
hobkyl

Great shot! That must be the lower one...im hoping to get out that way this week.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
larryw4csc
Rookie

redreamer wrote:so i have a query...went to a waterfall here in Moravia yesterday lunchtime that is not on your site.

'Parson Falls' which is on private property.....

only reference i could find on the web was here:

http://www.northeastwaterfalls.com/wate ... um=955&p=0

and here

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nycay ... oravia.htm

(and they don't have any photos.........) HA!

i took some photos (it was raining and grey yesterday not good shooting weather)....

standing at the top.....its a LONG way down...... not a LOT of water running (more a cascade at that time)

the valley below the sides are almost perpendicular....

u
(please move this if it is in the wrong place)..... Just wanted to let you know about it.... its quite breathaking... and we had to get there partly by ATV and walking..... shown by the guy my husband works with who lives across the road.......

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I think the view from a distance certainly makes for a great landscape shot.
hobkyl

:confused:
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

This gem is in someone's back yard along route 38 just outside of Moravia. I'm not sure if this is the real Parson Falls or not.

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Nice photo! In 2010 I shot some photos of this one too. I too thought it was parson's falls. Then a friend filled me in that it's not Parson's. It's actually called "Dodty Falls". I know because of the fencing around garden and the telephone line draped across your photo. Parson falls is the next one south-west of this location. And there is a lower Parson's and the upper one. My photo is labeled PF on file, but I corrected the name to Dodty on picture. I stopped here and parked in driveway. Went up to the rear side door and knocked on door to see if I could come back down on weekend and photograph this one? But nobody home, so I shot a few pictures right from porch landing! There is a 6 to 10 foot drop at top, that I didn't see in picture because of the season!
Parsons falls 101.PNG
Parsons falls 101.PNG (1.14 MiB) Viewed 3628 times
Parsons falls 102.PNG
Parsons falls 102.PNG (1.06 MiB) Viewed 3628 times
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban