Lick Brook Ithaca

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

I visited Lick Brook back in late August and used the parking lot off of 13. Map There is also a parking option starting upstream of the falls thats given in the 200 waterfalls book. The flow at the time was almost nothing so most of my photos were of flowers and the railroad bridge the trail crosses rather than falls. Lick Brook definitely has great potential and I'm sure it's been flowing really well the last few weeks. The section leading up to the main amphitheater is similar to clarks glen in naples - towering cliff faces and one continuous waterfall.

"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Excellent Bremer! Thanks for posting :up: That large falls is impressive with water in it...but your photo is impressive just the same. Love the lush green feel you get in your photos!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

excellent series.
A place I definitely have to get to next spring.
hobkyl

An outing??
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
spec
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Canon Rebel T1i / Samsung S730

I'm actually going either this or next weekend if y'all are interested. Either Sat or Sun of both weekends is fine with me.
-----
spec
hobkyl

All tied up next 2 weekends otherwise Id be there
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Dingoblu
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Nikon N 80, kodak easy share

I'd love to meet up with some of you peeps one of these days for a group outing! That would be awesome to meet some of you, but alas this weekend I am Little Red Riding Hood. We are really big on Halloween up here :)
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Land Trust gains Lick Brook woodland
A 20-acre woodland along Lick Brook has been added to the Finger Lakes Land Trust's chain of natural areas.

Ree Thayer, and her children, donated the land straddling the border between the towns of Ithacaand Danby. The property adds a link to the Emerald Necklace, a proposed greenway to link 50,000 acres of existing public open space extending from Finger Lakes National Forest west of Ithaca to Hammond Hill and Robinson Hollow State Forests to the east.

The Lick Brook gorge is a popular hiking and recreation area two miles from downtown Ithaca. The donated land borders parcels owned by the Land Trust and New York state and managed as part of Buttermilk Falls State Park. A hiking trail crosses the site and links it to the Land Trust's nearby Sweedler Preserve at Lick Brook.
http://www.theithacajournal.com/article ... RONTPAGE|p