T Lake Falls and other ADK falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

:up: :up: Becky! I plan on visiting those falls in a couple of weeks.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Dingoblu
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Nikon N 80, kodak easy share

It's a nice little hike along the river as well, and a snack bar and gift shop as you come into the park.

I posted another topic with some St. Lawrence county falls near the town of Degrasse, 9 total there I think. If anyone is ever interested in going to see them, I know where they all are now :)
hobkyl

If time/weather allows and IF I have the energy to check out more I may shoot you a PM while Im up there...but as is my 4 days are pretty booked.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

I'm going to do T-Lake Falls on Sunday 9/19. If anyone wants to join me, drop me a line. We can either meet at the trailhead or carpool from the Capital District.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Too bad, I won't be able to make it. Have fun.
LGD
George
Senior Guide
Senior Guide
Camera Model: Nikon D300, Calumet 4x5

[important]Lost image[/important]

Just a quick post to let you know I got out safely. I went in from Mountain Home Road to the bottom of the falls. I'll have a full report with GPS coordinates for the trailhead and bushwhack in a few days.
Last edited by Kelly on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: lost image
Dingoblu
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Nikon N 80, kodak easy share

Nice shot, can't wait to read the report!
hobkyl

Excellent George! Glad you made it and cant wait to read report...sounds like you came in from the bottom?
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook