Ithaca waterfall guide

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

hmmm
i wonder if there is anything in it that we don't know about.
I was justs there and didn't see this guide at any of the parks i went to.
hobkyl

100 plus waterfalls in Ithaca? I think I will try calling them tommorow and see if the guide is available anywhere locally. Any pointers on trails, or what falls are accessible along Falls or 6 Mile creeks? Would like to visit the other falls that we dont have anything on yet.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I actually just got this in the mail today. There's not much to it. Only about 20 pages featuring 19 falls. But its a very beautifully designed magazine quality booklet. Matt, there is a falls in it that I've never heard of. Denison Falls. It's on the grounds of the Cayuga Nature Center just a few miles south of Taughannock Falls on route 89. Its a "21 ft. cascading gem in a peaceful wooded gorge". I'll definitely try to visit this one the next time I'm in the Ithaca area.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl

Has anyone hiked above Cascadilla or Ithaca Falls to see the others? Is it possible?
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Brenda
VIP II
VIP II
Camera Model: Canon PowerShot SX20 IS

cbobcat49 wrote:I actually just got this in the mail today. There's not much to it. Only about 20 pages featuring 19 falls. But its a very beautifully designed magazine quality booklet. Matt, there is a falls in it that I've never heard of. Denison Falls. It's on the grounds of the Cayuga Nature Center just a few miles south of Taughannock Falls on route 89. Its a "21 ft. cascading gem in a peaceful wooded gorge". I'll definitely try to visit this one the next time I'm in the Ithaca area.
I received mine in yesterday's mail as well, and I too had never heard of Denison Falls! The booklets will be a nice addition to the other area guides that I have in the cabins.
Finger Lakes Mill Creek Cabins
http://www.fingerlakescabins.com
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Has anyone hiked above Cascadilla or Ithaca Falls to see the others? Is it possible?
yep. There's 4 falls on Falls Creek above Ithaca Falls.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau