Earthquake

The fun forum. Discuss anything here.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I kinda knew what it was. Then everyone was joking about it being an earthquake and then the alarm went off. It was pretty cool....one natural disaster experienced. Now I need to get my fix for a hurricane and tornado!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I felt it. As soon as it started I knew what it was. When we had one in 1998 I was doing the same exact thing. Sitting at a computer at work. Deja vu. :)
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

I didn't feel a thing...I remember as a kid having one shake my bed then another when a teen and again as a young adult. I heard there is a big fault that runs under Genesee Community College in Batavia but, never bothered to check for conformation.
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

I believe that fault is near or under Attica.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook