Indian Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Jen

Pretty much.
Steak-n-taters, broiled or fried fish, 1/2" thick pork chops, etc. Some of what you'd expect, and some twists on old favorites. Haven't gotten anything yet that I didn't like.
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I guess I know where to eat now when visiting that area.
Thanks for the info Jen and welcome to the forum!
tjconheady
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon Powershot S3

I head right out there to get more smokes and I've never noticed anything but rapids

now I know where to look and to grab a bite to eat!
TJC

www.conheady.net...a cleaner, less biased, less censored, less-Matted forum
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

tim, let me know next time you go out there
tjconheady
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Canon Powershot S3

i actually went last week, when I got reminded to ask about indian falls in this board

but I'll let you know, we can hit up indian and akron falls one shot
TJC

www.conheady.net...a cleaner, less biased, less censored, less-Matted forum
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I head right out there to get more smokes and I've never noticed anything but rapids
You can see the crest of the falls as you go over the bridge on 77.
Pull into the restaurant parking lot for a better view of the falls itself.
Bill_K
VIP
VIP
Camera Model: Panasonic DMC-FZ8 and Canon Rebel XSi

cbobcat49 wrote:
Another falls nearby is Morganville Falls near Batavia. About 25 feet high I think. I've only been at the crest of that. All the downstream access points are heavily posted. Here's a link...
http://naturalhighs.net/waterfalls/falls/morgan.htm
Just reading old posts and ran across this about Morganville Falls. I grew up in Batavia and I used to camp down there when I was a kid. We used to climb down into the gorge behind the old cemetery and hike upstream to the falls. The farm near there used the gorge to graze their cows so we'd sometimes wake up in the morning with cows around the tent. As kids we never asked permission to go down there but, we never seemed to get in any trouble for it. We'd sometimes spend 3 or 4 days there. We used to swim under that falls and many a good time there. I've been wanting to go back for quite awhile to check it out but have not made it. Maybe I'll throw that on my list of places for next summer.

On the subject of Indian Falls...my parents used to take us there when I was a kid. They used to have a small amusement park on the opposite side of route 77 from the falls. I remember the train ride was my favorite thing about going there. They had a few other small rides and a rope bridge over the water. We're talking many years ago.
To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.
*Giorgio de Chirico*
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walking_trails/
http://www.redbubble.com/people/billk
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I've walked to the back of that cemetery a few times looking for a way down into the gorge but didn't see a safe way. Maybe I wasn't brave enough? :rubeyes: :fear: There's a road with a rickety bridge going over the creek about a quarter mile downstream where you could easily access the creek but it's posted down there.

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau