Adirondack Mountain Reserve Waterfalls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Great panorama on the Lost Lookout shot! That Rainbow Falls shot is pretty good. It may need some brightness correction in Photoshop and it'll be great. :)
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

That was in the fall, probably late September or early October.... or mid September, I forget, but around that time frame. I think there had been a day or two of heavy rain right before we went and it cleared off for a bright blue sky day, lucky timing on our part.

I already did a bunch of corrections on the Rainbow Falls shot, boosted the contrast heavily, adjusted highlights/shadows, etc. It was pretty washed out to begin with. Problem was, that was as close as you could get without getting drenched, it was running so fast. The most I've ever seen. The whole upper canyon was under a perpetual misty rain, you would need raingear to stay there very long. The other problem with that fall is there's no place to stand to see it well, and if you do get the whole thing in, you have a ton of contrast even on cloudy days, as you have to include the sky at least somewhat.
LGD