2010 - What's Missing?

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Apparently the person who I have received permission to view Morganville Falls from only owns the property along side the creek down stream of the falls. It is viewable from his land, however the falls belong on someone else's property and he has given me their names and addresses. I will be writing them a letter this week.
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I have all of these in now. thanks for the help. Please let me know how you would like to be credited on the page.
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Beaver Creek Falls. Town of Sheridan, Chautauqua County. At the end of a short trail at a rest stop on route 39.

One of my wife's patients told her about this falls so we decided to go check it out in late October. I couldn't get a better vantage point than this shot through the trees. In the summer one could probably get to the base of the falls but on this rainy day there were too many slippery wet leaves all over the ground. It was hard to judge height from the top and through the trees. 40 feet high maybe?

Chris
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl

Nice!
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Matt wrote:I have all of these in now. thanks for the help. Please let me know how you would like to be credited on the page.
Looks good, credit at the bottom is fine with me. Just one minor point.... :-D The county list at the top needs some links added to the entries for that county in the list. I didn't think you had any of our Rensselaer waterfalls up there until I scrolled down the list one day.....

... and expect some more falls in the coming weeks as I get the film scanned, only about 250 rolls to go.... :shock:
LGD
hobkyl

No credit needed...we are a team and each waterfall we can point out only helps to make NYFalls the best it can be!
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
pgflyer1
Senior Guide II
Senior Guide II
Camera Model: Nikon D5500, P510

Matt and everyone:
If you go down 38A back towards Moravia, on your right side of the road is "St. Partrick's Cemetary". I think if you inquired with this church, you probably could get permission to enter cemetary and park there. Using google earth and path marking tool. It's about 1000 feet of creek walking up to the first falls. It's out of the question for me, I have arthitis in my lower back and cannot hike any real distances. On google maps you can find "property rights maps". I have some friends that used it to look at their own property to view boundaries.
I hope this may help anyone going to view this area ?
If anyone needs a helping hand in this venture ? Please feel free to email me what you need help with. Please put "Moravia" in subject matter, otherwise I'll disregard email and you won't get any answer.
Best of luck !
Marty
There's no half-singing in the shower, you're either a rock star or an opera diva." - Josh Groban
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

I just remembered there's a few minor 10-20 foot falls on Johns Creek in the village of Montour Falls. Easily accessible and on village property. At least that's what the owner of At The Falls B&B mentioned when we stayed there a few years ago.

Here's some bad pictures...

What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau