Bouquet River - North Fork & Gorge

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Hi, it's me again. Got some shots this last trip of the first waterfall above the bridge. I've heard this called "The Flume" as well, I just call it Bouquet #1 to keep it separate from the flume below the bridge.

First shot, a wide view of the pool, rocks, & almost hidden waterfall. The pool is about 20-25 feet deep.

A telephoto shot across the pool of the waterfall in the crevice. The pool extends under the rocks & into the crevice a fair distance. Oh yeah, and some lens flare. Had a lot of problems with that this trip for some reason.

A shot from closer in, I was perched on the rocks with my tripod blancing on small crevices in the rock wall to the right. A precarious situation for me & my camera gear. An HDR that didn't turn out too bad, I really need to read those books on HDR a friend gave me, maybe I'll start getting results I don't mind as much.

LGD
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Making great progress in my film scanning project and ran into this shot of the falls below the route 73 bridge, a nice shot showing the large pool, which is about 30 feet deep. On a hot summer day, especially on the weekend, you are likely to run into several people relaxing on the rocks and jumping off into the pool below.

... and a wider shot showing more of the pool, and some vignetting from the filters I was using back then.

LGD
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Beautiful! I've got to stop there whenever I get up to the Adirondacks again.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Yes, Beautiful!!!
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Thanks. I was in the upper gorge over Memorial Day weekend and the beaver pond is drained again, and the water levels in the river were a bit low, like they were back in 2001. So, the pictures I got from that trip aren't much different than the ones already posted.
LGD
NavoneNew1
Rookie

how are the fotos made visible ? they all say now domain not registered with image shack ...
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

NavoneNew1 wrote:how are the fotos made visible ? they all say now domain not registered with image shack ...
Yes, it seems Image Shack is having some problems, at least for some of the pictures. Most of them show up for me, but a couple don't. I should eventually just upload them here as attachments.

edit: well apparently imageshack has changed it's policy, and web site owners must register with them in order for imageshack to allow the site to use imageshack:

http://stream.imageshack.us/content.php ... ter_domain
LGD