Fox Creek Falls

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

There is a post on this in the photo gallery as well.

I went there yesterday after driving past it who knows how many times. A nice set of waterfalls, though they are right in town, so they are a bit crowded. You drive past the parking lot for a pizza joint and down the hill to the town park where there's a parking lot, picnic tables, etc.

This first shot shows how close the buildings are:

The upper set:

After that set, there are a couple 4-5 foot drops, one after the other:

Well worth stopping since it's so easy, and it's on the way to Partridge Run, so you have no excuse.

Dunn Mohawk guide page 212
LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

So this is part of a small park? Do you know what that building is?
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

I think that building that overhangs is either a private residence or a business of some kind. The falls are in the town park, which has a small playground for the kids, BBQ pits and a couple picnic tables. Only that side of the stream is accessible, though I suppose you could park on the shoulder of the road on the other side and walk over, it didn't look restricted in any way.
LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

It's nice little parks like these that will be a priority for me as I create profiles for the website. These are so valuable to the communities they are within and I want to really want to do them justice when I come around to photographing and writing.
hlmurphy
Rookie

I grew up in this area and my school bus drove past these falls everyday. The road is very tight and doesn't really have any safe parking. It would be best to park at any spots provided for park guests. The park was created after I moved away but I've been wanting to bring my kids to the park so I can go in September maybe. I can not quite place that building from memory but it is probably an old store. I think the store was empty for a number of years and I'm not sure if it is occupied now. The Fox Creek runs right through the town where there was an old hotel, several stores and a mill. The hotel was an antique store for awhile then converted into apartments in the 1990's.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert

Nice to hear some local information. It probably is best to just park in the lot and walk around. The road on the other side is called Sand Road according to Google and just leads to some houses and loops back to route 156. There did seem to be a small place you could pull off the road on that side, but it would be much less hassle to just stay in the park itself. Most of the buildings around the area seemed to be mostly unused, except for the pizza place you drive past to get there.
LGD