Falls at Deans Mill

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Another set of shots dug up during my film scanning project, I went to these in 1992 with my father. Dunn mentions these in the Hudson Valley book but says they are inaccessible. When I was there, I didn't notice any posted signs, and we just parked along the road and walked down. The situation could have easily changed since then, of course, considering I was there almost 20 years ago. Then again, my father knew many different people from his job and could very well have had permission to go in there, I don't really know. In any case, here's the shots I took back then, on semi-decent film with a semi-decent camera on a nice spring day.

From what I remember of these, the stream splits many times and flows around and over many drops along the course of the falls, so there's not one spot where you can see the whole thing.

No map since I don't know the accessibility situation, but a simple search on the town name will tell you where they are.
LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

The rocks are striking. Would you say that was low flow?
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

I was only there the one time, so I have nothing to compare to, but I would say that's medium normal or a bit on the low side for water flow. I'm sure in the spring that's a real gusher.
LGD