Lower Falls at Robert Treman SP

Display your photos or the photos of others here. This is also where you'll find the Monthly Photo Challenge.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

dtimber

This falls is the water bearer for the swimming hole at the lower end of the gorge. The humans add dimension -- and a dash of color.

Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I haven't been there yet. how deep does that swimming area get?
dtimber

I didn't use the hole and don't recall a sense of depth, but I understand they do have a lifeguard, so it's at least swimming pool depth. Here's another pic showing the water more clearly, with some wave action:

btw: It's just outside Ithaca. Treman SP has a good upper gorge (Enfield Glen) -- an easy walk on a steady incline, paved and with steps so not at all a technical walk but nice views of the 12 falls, including Lucifer @ 115 feet. At the top end is a restored old mill. The path is on both sides of the gorge, so you get different views on the return. Some pictures I took -- not good so please don't critique these, but if you haven't been there they might entice you (I expect to go back just to take better shots).

Here's Lucifer, top part

And bottom (I'll find the place to stand to get it all next time)

tim
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

looks like lucifer falls is going to tough to get all in one shot. Perhaps I should visit when the leaves are off the trees.