Zoar Valley

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

imho, posting the land against trespassing has the effect of keeping out those who are responsible, law abiding citizens while having no effect on the scumbags who have no respect for the property of others,
Agreed. In this case though, the creek is heavily patrolled by DEC rangers. I've seen them and have talked with them and they mean business. According to the NSS newsletter, they arrested 27 people this past Labor Day alone and these people are facing fines up to $250 and/or 10 days in the Cattaraugus county jail upon conviction.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Frank Broughton
Junior
Junior
Camera Model: Fuji Fine Pix s602z (advanced way beyond its time)

Over 100 people have been arrested this year so far for trespassing past Deer Lick on the Southern Branch. Yikes....
Frank Broughton
Frank Broughton Times - My adventures, scenic photography, opinion, tech tips & more
Zoar Valley - All About Zoar Valley - A Western New York Gem
cbobcat49

wow! The Nature Sanctuary Society of WNY owns the land now. At first they were only going to make it accessable to card carrying members (which I am) but then decided to ban access altogether just to let the place "heal". They lead guided hikes about twce per summer which is pretty much now the only legal way to creekwalk up the South Branch now.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
Frank Broughton
Junior
Junior

Chris, did you attend any of the WNYNSS events this year? I am looking forward to doing many next year.
Frank Broughton
Frank Broughton Times - My adventures, scenic photography, opinion, tech tips & more
cbobcat49

No, I didn't. I was interested in the Zoar Valley trip and Secret Places of Wyoming County trip but something came up each day.
Frank Broughton
Junior
Junior

We will have to get to one next year for sure - what say ye?
Frank Broughton
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I'm up for it
Spring outing anyone?
Frank Broughton
Junior
Junior

Spring would be a good time to catch some water flowing on the many falls in the area.
Frank Broughton