Bouquet River - South Fork

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

The south fork of the Bouquet River isn't as dramatic as the north fork, which has all the flumes, waterfalls & the gorge itself, but it is a very nice stream with some pretty, though small, waterfalls, at least on the stretch I've been on.

Most of the stream from the road up is your average Adirondack stream with some ledges of rock and lots of cobbles and boulders. There is one stretch over open rock, that if the entire thing was one fall, would be spectacular, but it's broken up into several smaller falls with very nice pools & flumes in between.

Just upstream is a very nice unofficial camp site right next to a beautiful little pool that's deep enough to swim in a bit, and a nice little waterfall.

These pictures were taken a week or so ago, when the water was high from all the recent rain. I've been up there many times before, and most of these are quite a bit smaller and some parts don't run at all when the water is lower. I took this opportunity to gets shots there while the water was good.
LGD
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

Love the last one... that water is crystal clear.
L_G_D
Board Expert
Board Expert
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 700

Thanks - the polarizer helped :D
LGD