Clark's Gully - Naples

A place to discuss waterfalls. Including the parks that house them and the hikes to get to them.

Moderators: Brenda, Kelly

Rate Clark's Gully

1 - Ugly, Not worth the trip
8%
2 - Could be better
No votes
3 - OK, See it if you are in the area
17%
4 - Beautiful, worth the trip.
50%
5 - Must see, worth revisiting
25%

Total votes: 12
Mark J
Senior
Senior

Bremer has done a nice job describing the entrance into the gully. Between his and the description in the Footprint Press book, it shouldn't be too difficult to find. Also see the Footprint Press blog for more info. http://newyorkoutdoors.wordpress.com/ and http://newyorkoutdoors.wordpress.com/20 ... -april-18/
bremer
Senior
Senior
Camera Model: Sony Alpha 230

Thanks Chris, I appreciate the welcome. I will try to periodically add information/fill in the gaps on the finger lakes falls. I have info on a few more that have not been covered yet and will try to add some more info periodically.
"Now I see the Secret of the making of the best persons. It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth" - W. Whitman
Roots Photography
hobkyl
Camera Model: Pentax K30

Despite all the rain we've been having Clarks wasn't flowing as much as one might hope. Where do you consider lower and upper Clarks to divide? I climbed up as far as I could safely manage until I got to a large falls. Guessing 70'+. Unfortunately the sun was directly overhead so pictures were all scrapped. I've gone in at the top before but could not find a safe way into the gully.

“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
cbobcat49
Camera Model: Olympus Stylus 400

Thanks for posting these! I've never seen photos of the upper falls. I've only seen the lower one, in your last shot.
What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us. ~Henry David Thoreau
hobkyl

You are welcome, wish I could have gotten some decent photos of the top falls though :angry:
“There’s an inconsequentiality to our lives that living in the wilderness shows up. Mountain are real, they set their limits, they set ours. They expose us, make us vulnerable and strong at the same time. “
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
Matt
President
President
Camera Model: Olympus OMD EM-1 m1, m2; Panasonic GM5, Osmo Pocket

I would say the divide would be at the falls in your last photo. Not one I would recommend climbing.
hobkyl

Those falls are actually pretty easy to climb over. Right up the right side of the falls. Those are the first of the falls that you come to. The first two are beyond that but before this....

I didn't see a safe looking way up those. That is where I turned back.

And the rest of these are somewhere in between those in no particular order. Unfortunately I had the sun directly overhead.

There are a handful of other channels flanking the sides of the gully as well that could hold some falls, but those were bone dry.
--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook
hobkyl

Some pics from Clarks...

--Alison Wat

Flickr Facebook